With God life has no limits, because death has no victory.



Sunday, February 27, 2011

Southward

Just to bring this up to speed...from WI, we drove to AR, where we have been staying. As stated previously, I can go nowhere without incident, and that drive was no exception. We were driving merrily along somewhere in the middle-of-nowhere north AR, when we passed a gas station. I glanced at my gauge & decided I had a bit more left & kept driving. Well...we were definitely in the middle-of-NOWHERE, because some miles down the road and Calvin was on empty, and still...no gas. I was thinking, "Seriously, this has to happen to me?" Some more miles and he was below EMPTY and yet...no gas. At which point I was pretty much thinking, "Where is a gas station?!?", and that was pretty much the only thing I was thinking. Finally, I saw gas, pulled off the freeway and felt immensely relieved. I parked at the pumps, walked up to the door and tried to open it, just to find it locked. The grouchy, overweight, just-finished-her-shift woman behind the counter stared at me & yelled, "We're closed." No kidding...I though you just randomly locked your door as a practical joke. I looked at the hours posted at the door, and noticed that they closed at 8:00, so I walked back to the car & discovered that it was 7:55. Aha! So, I went to the window right by the lady & yelled, "I'm out of gas". She stared at me. I stared back. For a minute, I was sure she was just going to ignore me, but she finally walked over to the door & said something about having already closed the cash register. She was nice enough to volunteer to follow me to the closest gas station, which I took her up on, even though I was mad enough to take her head off. We managed to have enough gas to make the four mile trip, at the end of which I thanked the lady, while she thanked me for the inconvenience. Either way, we got gas & were on our way without further incident.

Since arriving in AR, Calvin has proved to be quite the brat: blowing a fuse, needing oil, smelling hot...to name a few of his antics. Seriously, I think he just likes extra attention, or something. I guess I gave him enough for now, because he is doing fine.

So, now I'm living in a shed, trying to figure out what happens next, and enjoying the antics of the little girls...

The 10 yr old: "I have an encouraging word for you"
Me: "Yeah?"
J: "Drugs."
Me: *raises eyebrows*
J: "Yes... drugs, not hugs"

Yeah...it's been interesting. 

P.S. All you Northerners should know that I have been running around in a t-shirt. In February. Yep.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! don't rub it in! I'm relishing any warmish days we get... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. whooaaaa dude....where r u rite now???

    ReplyDelete