With God life has no limits, because death has no victory.



Monday, March 14, 2011

Wuv...twue wuv...that dweam within a dweam.

I am sick and tired of hearing about love. Actually, I am sick and tired of the misuse & abuse of the word. Everywhere I look, I see "love". Movies, music, everyday drama. 

My little sister got me into pop music. Yes, I just admitted to being corrupted by my younger sister. Either way, when I starting listening to popular music, I realized that I was tapping into the very pulse of our society. And here is what our society thinks about love:

"Just leave with me now, say the word & we'll go...you'll see a side of love you've never known..." -In My Head, Jason Derulo

"Well, maybe I know somewhere deep in my soul that love never lasts..." - Only Exception, Paramore

"Let's go all the way tonight, no regrets, just love..." -Teenage Dream, Katy Perry

"Love don't live here anymore"  -Love Don't Live Here, Lady Antebellum

"...Don't even know what we're fighting for, why does love always feel like a battlefield..." -Battlefield, Jordan Sparks

People everywhere are talking about "love", dreaming about it, looking for it, and in many cases have been hurt by it. What in the world? Does anyone even know what love means?

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." Yep. That folks, is love. That is REAL love. It's not a warm, fuzzy feeling. It's not dependent on the person loving back. It is sacrifice. It is work. It is giving. Giving of your life to someone else.

Hurt by love? I don't think so.

Love is a mother playing with her kids when she has a pile of laundry she would rather be doing. Love is a dad quitting a good paying job with full benefits and starting his own business so he can be with his kids. Love is a girl dressing modestly to protect the mind of a guy. Love is a guy protecting the emotions of his girlfriend. Love is a person giving of what they have to help someone in need.

Love is the Creator of the universe becoming man & going to hell for the sins of all mankind. Love can essentially be measured by the amount of personal sacrifice on the part of the giver & the amount of fulfilled need on the part of the one being loved. There is no greater sacrifice than the life & death of Jesus. We have no greater need than our eternal salvation. So...the greatest sacrifice being made to fulfill our greatest need is the ultimate example of the greatest, truest, most amazing love...EVER. And only after an encounter with the greatest act of true love can we learn this love & act it in our lives.

"I love you." Really?

Satan can not change that act of love. It was so powerful, so amazing, so beautiful. He cannot diminish it or make it disappear. So, I guess I should not be surprised that he has done everything in his power to distort, twist & change the meaning of the word. After all, he knows the innate desire for love is built into us, and he knows that God is love, and to find it we must find God. And that has got to rub him the wrong way.
  

4 comments:

  1. Excellent EXCELLENT post, Sara!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Preach it, sister!" - Dave
    "well said!" - George

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice!
    you sure are right about the shallow use of the word love in today's society....and about what love really is. It is pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete